When Muslims claim Islam is a complete code of life and guide about everything, they just don’t say it. Rather they mean it, and they can prove it. From the guiding to manners of sleeping and eating to the core social and financial matters, Islam talks about all, and innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun is a great example.
What is innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun?
innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun is an Islamic supplication and prayer that Muslims recite when they hear any bad news or miss, such as death, theft, etc.
When to Say innalillahi wa innailaihi rojiun
When we read Quran, we find a verse that states:
الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُم مُّصِيبَةٌ قَالُوا إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
Who say, when afflicted with calamity, “إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ”[Al-Baqrah: 156]
Meaning of innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun
innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun means tha everything belongs to Allah alone and shall return to him.
English Translation of innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun
The English Translation of innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun
is as follows:
Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him, we will return.
Reward of reciting innalillahiwainnailaihirojiun
The authentic narration in Sahih Muslim states:
Umm Salama, the wife of the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
If any servant (of Allah) who suffers a calamity says:” We belong to Allah and to Him shall we return; O Allah, reward me for my affliction and give me something better than it in exchange for it,” ‘ Allah will reward him for pain, and would provide him with something better than it in exchange. She (Umm Salama) said: When Abu Salama died. I uttered (these very words) as I was commanded (to do) by the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ). So Allah gave me better in exchange than him. i. e. (I was taken as the wife of) the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ).
Benefits of innalillahi wa innailaihi rojiun
Supplications have an immense impact on the life of every Muslim. The supplications are like the forte for any believer, and it connects us to our Lord. Every dua has its benefits and here we will list down the benefits of saying innalillahi wa innailaihi rojiun:
- It reminds us that everything belongs to Allah and shall return to Him; we don’t own anything, including ourselves. Instead, we are his creation, and He holds us.
- It makes us realize that we have a purpose in life, we are not living a meaningless life, and we have to answer for each of our deeds.
- It reminds us that everything is temporary and shall return to Allah, so why would waste time on quick things and not think about the hereafter?
- It tells us that everyone has to go, and one day every relationship will vanish except for the relation based upon Allah’s love and His happiness.
Different Versions of إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
People write and pronounce it differently:
- innalillahi wa innailaihi rojiun
- innalillahi wainna ilaihi rajioon
- inna lillahi wa inallah e raji oon
- inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajeoun
To learn Islamic Supplications get enrolled with us and book your free trial today!